xml-general mailing list archives

From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: XML Graphics hostname (was Re: Can we please disable the Wiki on Nagoya?)
Date Sun, 24 Oct 2004 15:00:52 GMT
I agree with your argument about emphasis, but [2] would be a precedent
at Apache. Brian Behlendorf hinted at "xmlgraphics.apache.org" which is
also my preference. [3] is probably not realistic. Besides "xml-graphics"
would probably look peculiar besides "xmlbeans", even thought they don't
have a space in the project name.

We should decide on that real quick so I can request the subdomain,
mailing lists (General and PMC) and Wiki.

On 09.10.2004 17:10:46 Clay Leeds wrote:
> On that note... what will the new hostname (I think that's the
> terminology) for the Apache XML Graphics be called?
>
> We probably will need to 'vote' on this until after the Apache XML
> Graphics PMC is created (if we even need to vote on this). My
> preferences is for option [2], as it helps clarify and emphasize the
> two aspects of the new project "xml" & "graphics", which I think will
> help with branding. There may be other ideas on how it should look, but
> these are a few

<snip/>

> [1]
> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/