xml-general mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [wiki] Migrate to the new moinmoin wiki farm!
Date Sun, 24 Oct 2004 12:34:19 GMT
Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Just look a little harder: http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?RecentChanges
>
> There are hard-working helpers in the background removing the spam as it
> appears almost every day.

This is a terrible waste of volunteer time.
This is why we need to close the old wiki down ASAP.
The new one is much better controlled.

People were encouraged to move. The migration
tool was run once a long time ago to create
http://wiki.apache.org/old/

The trouble is that i suspect that people have
been enhancing the content of the old nagoya wiki
and others might have enhanced the copy at
http://wiki.apache.org/old/

Anyway, someone should run the conversion script again, then
immediately remove the old Wiki and put .htaccess to redirect.
Then each project would need to set up its default Moin Wiki
and then move pages from the conversions. This can be done
server-side.

Then people can help to clean up the converted stuff in Moin.
That is what we did with the Cocoon migration. A few of us
did some grep on the server. Others cleaned via the interface.

Project PMCs need to take charge of this. There are not
sufficient people at Infrastructure to do it.

There are some notes at
http://wiki.apache.org/general/HowToMakeWikiAdminRequests

--
David Crossley