xml-general mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: XML Graphics: board concerns
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2004 04:32:28 GMT
On Sep 23, 2004, at 5:54 PM, Glen Mazza wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>> Batik and FOP devs,
>>
>> things have been quiet but I finally know the
>> reason.
>> The board hasn't
>> approved the creation of the XML Graphics project
>> due to the following
>> concern: They didn't recognize any names on the PMC
>> list.
>
> Jeremias, this is just not plausible.  How could they
> not recognize Jeremias Maerki, Joerg Pietschmann, or
> Thomas DeWeese?  (Or even me?  I've had several emails
> with Dirk and Ted, etc. over the past year.)  Please
> explain further.

I was surprised by this as well. It seems as though all one has to do
is look at the FOP-DEV & FOP-USER lists to see Jeremias, Joerg, Glen,
Clay, etc. Aside from Thomas DeWeese being the first person listed on
the Batik whoAreWe page, his name is all over the mailing list.

<snip>
>> If one of the two would like to take the chair
>> position I'd gladly
>> restart a vote on that part.
>
> I'd like Finn Bock to be added to the PMC before we
> consider adding inactive committers.  He's done
> mountains of work for the project over the past year
> or so, and it's important that his efforts be properly
> recognized on this project.
>
> Glen

+1 to extend an invitation to Finn Bock to join the XML Graphics PMC