xml-general mailing list archives

From "Keith Andrew Kurzendoerfer" <keith.kurzendoer...@uky.edu>
Subject Newbie Help
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:00:30 GMT
Hi:

I'm new to both XML and XML web hosting and need a lot of help.  Simply put, I'm trying to
install a database server (Filemaker 7 Server Advanced) that requires xml and xslt stylesheets
as a means to interact with the databases over the web.

Unfortuanetly, Our web server (OS X Server 10.3.5) is not processing the xml code.  It's just
sending the code straight to the browser.  For example, see http://128.163.47.229/surveys/drock-new/.

I've been reading various sources including apache.org and xml.apache.org, but I'm having
trouble understanding what I need.  I've tried installing cocoon, xerces, and axkit, but these
are either not the correct applications, or the learning curve is to great for me to implement
them correctly.

Can anyone here offer me any assistance?
I really appreciate the help!

Thanks!
Keith

Keith Kurzendoerfer
Research and Instructional Technology
University of Kentucky
Lexington, KY 40506
859 257-4725stall a database server (Filemaker 7 Server Advanced) that requires xml and xslt