xml-general mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: http://xml.apache.org/mirrors.cgi
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 19:42:11 GMT
(for those aren't familiar with tetsuya, he runs
http://www.apachenews.org/ and a japenese translation of the main
jakarta site. he also acted as editor of the jakarta/apache newsletter
for a while. he has karma for the jakarta site and the webservices
site.)

maintaining the mirrors document is actually very important since the
ASF has to pay for bandwidth. so, infrequent maintenance of this
document could be seem as a (possible) symptom of a larger malaise. if
the xml federation is to succeed as a central source of information,
it's important that this information is kept fresh.

i (do a lot of the maintenance of the website over in jakartaland and)
have raised some similar concerns before. however, berin has said that
his plan is to address these issues once the transition from project to
federation has been completed. this sounds like a good plan to me, so
my suggestion is everyone keep's their powder dry till then.

- robert