xml-general mailing list archives

From "Peter B. West" <pbw...@tpg.com.au>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Project resolution for XML Graphics
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 14:23:53 GMT
Glen et al,

My impression was that the phrase "migration and rationalization of the
Batik and FOP Apache XML subprojects" refers to the migration from XML
subprojects to XML Graphics subprojects.  If the migration does not
happen, what code will come under the XML Graphics umbrella?
"Rationalization" may be something that can be postponed, but it does
not seem to me that "migration" can be, if the XML Graphics project is
to have any kind of reality.  Perhaps we should find out from
infrastructure@ exactly what is involved in a minimal "migration".  For
example, at the moment, the repository for FOP is xml-fop.  It may be
perfectly feasible to leave this intact, and make a few changes to the
web pages indicating that the xml-fop repository now belongs to the FOP
subproject of XML Graphics, and presto! migration complete, and the
initial requirements of that resolution of the proposal are fulfilled.

Would it be OK then, to just drop the "and rationalization" from the
resolution?

Peter