xml-general mailing list archives

From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Project resolution for XML Graphics
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 11:31:23 GMT
Hi all,

    So this vote is dead right?

    My understanding is that one '-1' and unless there are
really exceptional circumstances it doesn't pass.

    I would suggest that we just drop the "controversial"
clause, with the understanding that it's intent is still
covered by the fact that the PMC is responsible for the
"creation and maintenance of software for managing the
conversion of XML formats to graphical output, and for
related software components [...]."

    In other words the issue of migrating/rationalizing
the code base is an excellent topic of discussion, once
the PMC is formed.  It doesn't have to be (and actually
probably shouldn't be) part of the charter of the PMC.