xml-general mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <kitah...@terra-intl.com>
Subject Re: http://xml.apache.org/mirrors.cgi
Date Sat, 10 Jul 2004 16:28:01 GMT
Glenn Mazza Wrote:

> Either it's rarely updated (obviously), or only
> updated by teams that remember it.  Usually, one goes
> to the precise web page (Xerces, Xalan, FOP, etc.) for
> the SW  wanted and follows the instructions from
> there.

Au

> FOP, at least, doesn't appear to be getting many
> complaints about this.

"Chicken and Egg" relation.

> > I mean, how can we get *new* binaries and sources
> > of xml.apache.org products? Due to the lack of the
> > comprehension of the updates @ mirrors.html?

> Many/Most of XML Apache's projects are becoming TLP's
> on their own.  We're perhaps not as closely tied
> together as the Jakarta teams.  Best to just go to the
> web page of the specific product you wish to download.

Woooo ... and how do would you think to update
http://xml.apache.org/mirrors.cgi
after most of the projects (subs) move up into TLPs?

Who would be responsible for it to update mirrors.cgi?

Who would be responsible for the announcement of
"APACHE XML RELATED -- federated -- projects" ?

# for reference: now announcements@xml.apache has 2000 subscribers

Why federated? common -- infrastructure -- for xml team??
Why do not you want to put the good conditions for the
* ex-xml.apache.org -ed * projects?
#Of course I will, if i have a sufficient karma to do

--

Perhaps this can be discussed at the "proposal of ferderative networks"
in xml.apache.org land, also.

Cheers,