xml-general mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <grm7...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Obsolete http://xml.apache.org/mirrors.cgi
Date Sat, 10 Jul 2004 02:38:26 GMT
--- Tetsuya Kitahata <kitahata@terra-intl.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Why is http://xml.apache.org/mirrors.cgi obsolete?

Either it's rarely updated (obviously), or only
updated by teams that remember it.  Usually, one goes
to the precise web page (Xerces, Xalan, FOP, etc.) for
the SW  wanted and follows the instructions from
there.

FOP, at least, doesn't appear to be getting many
complaints about this.

> I mean, how can we get *new* binaries and sources
> of xml.apache.org products? Due to the lack of the
> comprehension of the updates @ mirrors.html?

Many/Most of XML Apache's projects are becoming TLP's
on their own.  We're perhaps not as closely tied
together as the Jakarta teams.  Best to just go to the
web page of the specific product you wish to download.

HTH,
Glen