xml-general mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <grm7...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Project resolution for XML Graphics
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 03:38:25 GMT
--- Jeremias Maerki <dev.jeremias@greenmail.ch> wrote:

> PART A
> ------
> [ ] +1 - The attached resolution should be submitted
> to the
>          Board for the formation of the XML Graphics
> project.
>
> [X] -1 - The attached resolution is not suitable.  I
> have a
>          recommendation to improve it.

Only problem with it, preventing me from voting +1:

I would like this clause removed:

> RESOLVED, that the initial XML Graphics PMC be and
> hereby is tasked with
> the migration and rationalization of the Batik and
> FOP Apache XML
> subprojects; and be it further

We'll discuss (read: argue ;) later what "migration
and rationalization", if any, needs to be done based
on current workload, current committer needs, etc.  I
haven't been convinced such changes need to be made at
this time, but this issue is independent from the need
to create an XML Graphics (which I do support).

> PART B
> ------
> [X]      I volunteer to be a member of the initial
> XML Graphics PMC.

And encourage those who have been active recently to
join as well.