xml-general mailing list archives

From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Finally creating the XML Graphics PMC....
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2004 13:06:48 GMT
Glen Mazza wrote:

> --- Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWeese@Kodak.com> wrote:
>
>>    Also I will be resuming participation so much of
>>this burden should be lifted.
>
> I've noticed [1]--fantastic!  And I believe you're
> getting a new committer soon, so there will be more
> help on the project.

    Yes, Cameron McCormack will/has become a new committer.

> Three issues:
>
> 1.) It would be nice to have Batik bugzilla notices
> routed to Batik-Dev so others (Vincent, or the new
> committer) can view them as they come in--they
> currently just go to the Kodak email address by
> default.

    Actually each of the components has an assigned
person (currently either Vincent or myself).  I
don't have permission to edit the Batik Bugzilla
properties so I can't really change this.

> 2.) (What prompted #1 above)

    It was just the way things were initially setup.
I think the idea was to more or less automatically
assign a person.  Since I don't think the Apache
Bugzilla install has the 'auto-cc' list (only the
responsible field for each component) it wasn't
possible to assign someone and cc the dev list.

    It probably makes sense to change this behavior
now.

> If you could apply the
> two patches I sent about two months ago, that would be
> great--they fix some minor GUI issues I found with the
> SVG browser.

    I'll try and take a look at them.

> 3.)  How does one pronounce your project?  The
> dictionary gives two possible pronounciations:
> Ba-TEEK and Ba-TIHK.

    I think we all tend to use 'Ba-TEEK', but we aren't
fussy :)