xml-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>
Subject Moving towards a federation
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 23:11:51 GMT
Peoples,

This is dragging on too long.  I've been very quiet, as I've wanted to
let people run at their own pace, but I think everyone's gone elsewhere
to look at easier things.

We are either going to have to kick this along, or turn it off.  If we
are going to turn it off, then we need to start looking at how the PMC
is going to get a closer oversite of code changes and releases inside
the sub-projects.

So I'going to put a deadline on some of this.  My first feeling is end
of July for resolutions in front of the board.  I'm happy to play it by
ear if we are making progress by that time, but I think the time has
come for us to either be serious or play a different game.

I'll send out another e-mail later this weekend detailing where I think
everone is at so we can checkpoint and work out how to move forward.

Cheers,
	Berin