xml-general mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: Need Help Contributing / Proposing New Project
Date Wed, 12 May 2004 20:04:48 GMT

On May 12, 2004, at 4:57 PM, gwenning@liveprecision.com wrote:

> To Whom It May Concern:

No worries - this is exactly the right place !

> As part of that work, we found the need to develop an
> XML based grammar to interact with databases.  We named
> it XSQL.
..

How does it relate to:

	http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/samples.html#sql

Any synergy ?

> However, I wanted to know if anyone might be interested
> in sponsoring this as an Apache incubator project.  My
> company would be willing to support such an endeavor.

What you would need is a fair number of developers; ideally
from different walks of live, to express clear interest declare
that they want to actively work on it. That is the easiest way
of starting to build a stable long term communty :-)

Dw