xml-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>
Subject Re: Batik and FOP - how to proceed
Date Sun, 16 May 2004 03:38:33 GMT
Glen Mazza wrote:

> Jeremias, the Batik project has been ignoring FOP's
> emails on this topic for so long that I think it's
> time that we give this up.  My efforts on this issue
> were second only to yours, but at this stage I'm not
> that interested anymore in working with that project.
> I wish them well.

Then go with a FOP project and integrate Batik if and when it makes
sense :>.

> In the meantime, the decisions made by the Xerces and
> Xalan teams will decide whether or not the XML PMC
> will remain or be disbanded.  (Perhaps best for FOP
> not to influence this one way or the other, but just a
> guess on my part here.)  Once it's determined that the
> latter will actually occur, I am very much looking
> forward to our new FOP TLP.  Until then, things are
> also fine working under the XML PMC.

The XML PMC will probably remain - but only as a holder for commons (+
potentially Batik) and anything else that comes up (potentially also as
a kick start for new XML ideas).  I suspect we are also going to need
some people to look after web sites etc.  I think it will be much cut down.

Having said that - I *really* want to move this along, so I'd encourage
you guys to make the break :>.

Cheers,
	Berin