xml-general mailing list archives

From Andy Clark <a...@cyberneko.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE]: motion to transform Xerces into a top-level project as a member of the "federation" of XML projects
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 21:26:03 GMT
Neil Graham wrote:
> The idea of subprojects being simultaneously projects with their own
> subprojects looks like a terminal terminological disaster to me.  :)

That's because you keep referring to Xerces-J as a sub-project.
I see Xerces-J as "The Xerces Project in Java".

> Perhaps what we need to get beyond this is the concept of products that
> Robert was mentioning exist in other Apache projects.  If we said that the
> given parser subprojects might have multiple products, where products could
> include parsers and components closely tied to parsing, would that solve
> the problem?

Not really. Although the term "product" is a little clearer in
that it refers to a shipped entity. Perhaps it would be easier
to start by defining what we want to ship and then work backwards
from there.

--
Andy Clark * andyc@apache.org