xml-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE]: motion to transform Xerces into a top-level project as a member of the "federation" of XML projects
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 09:55:03 GMT
Andy Clark wrote:

> I don't see any problem with have a PMC that deals with all
> Xerces implementations but still considering the different
> implementations "projects" with their own sub-projects. For
> example, Xerces-J could have an HTML sub-project with the
> HTML DOM implementation and an HTML parser built from the
> Xerces framework. But the draft charter was explicit about
> defining a sub-project as an XML parser implementation in a
> particular language.

The board resolution I proposed described Xerces as charged with
responsibility for the "creation and maintenance of open-source software
related to XML parsers".

So I would imagine the notion of sub-elements of code within the TLP
would be just as high level.  A sub-project would simply be a section of
  code with a community that looked at some element of XML parsing.

Does that make sense?  (Is XML parsing too confined?)