xml-general mailing list archives

From gwenn...@liveprecision.com
Subject Need Help Contributing / Proposing New Project
Date Wed, 12 May 2004 14:57:49 GMT
To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Gene Wenning.  I am the President/CEO of an
IT consultancy named Live Precision, Inc.

For the past three years my company has had a contract
with the Boeing company to establish and EAI
infrastructure.

As part of that work, we found the need to develop an
XML based grammar to interact with databases.  We named
it XSQL.

We have just recently learned that it has similar
language constructs to the SQL package supplied in JSP
SQL JTL.

It also has some similarity with XSLT.

What we found very powerful was expressing database
interaction in an XML based grammar post an XSLT
process, have that grammar perform the necessary JDBC
interactions, then create an output document of what
transpired.

I have attached to this e-mail a very minimal language
reference.  I will need to refine the example sections
so that folks get a better idea of its full
capabilities.

However, I wanted to know if anyone might be interested
in sponsoring this as an Apache incubator project.  My
company would be willing to support such an endeavor.

I have been a long time user of Apache's efforts and
want to in some way return the favor.

Sincerely,

Gene Wenning