xml-general mailing list archives

From Neil Graham <ne...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Moving the federation forward
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 13:43:03 GMT

Hi Berin,

As far as Xerces goes:  there were some concerns about the proposal I put
forward to migrate Xerces-* into a top-level Xerces project.  The
discussion pretty much stalled at that point, since the community seems
largely content with the status quo and it wasn't obvious to me in any
event how to address the expressed concerns.

So it may be necessary for the Board to give stronger direction (and
clearer reasons) as to why the Federation is needed--or, indeed, why the
status quo in XML land is problematic.

Cheers,
Neil
Neil Graham
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone:  905-413-3519, T/L 969-3519
E-mail:  neilg@ca.ibm.com

                      Berin Lautenbach

                      <berin@wingsofher        To:       general@xml.apache.org

                      mes.org>                 cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: Moving the federation forward

                      04/19/2004 07:59

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      general

Peoples,

How are things tracking?  I know Xalan, Xerces and XML Graphics were
doing things as has AxKit, but it'd be great to get a status on this list!

XML-Security - we started some discussion some time back, and it's
currently waiting on me writing up a draft resolution for the board's
next meeting.  (Bad Berin - no cookie, to quote someone else on this
list :>.)

Cheers,
             Berin