xml-general mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Question regarding contributing as a developer
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 19:48:44 GMT
hi

aPATCHy is well named :)

pick a project (or three ;) that interests you then subscribe to the
developer and user lists and checkout and build the source from CVS.
the best way to start contributing is by contributing documentation
patches and by answering user questions. these are both great ways to
learnt the code - and quite a lot of fun.

once you feel confident and comfortable with your knowledge of the code
and at home with the list netiquette, volunteer to take on some TODO -
or just start sending in patches.

there are quite a few projects that i know could use more developers
but i'd need to know more about your interests...

- robert