xml-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>
Subject Moving the federation forward
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:31:34 GMT
Peoples,

As you are all aware, the Federation proposal has been voted in.

The new projects that were proposed were :

# Xerces, comprising Xerces Java, Xerces C++ and Xerces Perl
# Xalan, comprising Xalan Java and Xalan C++
# XML Graphics (comprising FOP and Batik)
# XML Security
# Xindice
# Axkit

I know the XML Graphics guys have been having discussions, as have
Xerces.  How are things going?  The first step in each case is probably
for the particular group to decide on a scope for the new project, vote
on the initial PMC and PMC chair and craft a resolution for the board to
vote on.

How about we aim for the next board meeting - 21/4 - to get a few of
these over and running as TLPs in their own right?

Cheers,
	Berin