xml-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>
Subject Re: purpose of Apache XML Commons project
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 08:54:30 GMT
My understanding (FWIW!) is that A is the intention, but that we also
try to move common code into xml-commons when it makes sense.  I.e. if
there is some code that is replicated in a number of projects, and it
makes sense to consolodate, then we might move a single instance into
xml-commons.

Also - I'd hate to think we would be arbitrarily restricted by what the
documentation states a particular part of xml is for.  If those looking
after commons think something is a good idea, but it doesn't quite fit
with what is documented, put it to the general list and we can all comment!

Cheers,
	Berin