xml-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>
Subject Re: Federation Proposal
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 10:18:25 GMT
Glen Mazza wrote:

> 2.  Likewise, the naming of the board VP for our PMC might possibly be
> better done by the board itself.  (I'm not certain on this point,
> however.)  If they choose a PMCer we'll have an election to fill the
> vacating PMC position.  They may also choose to have someone who has no
> relation to anyone on either team, something commercial organizations
> intentionally do sometimes.  (The benefit of doing so in the open-source
> world, however, I really can't say...)

Dirk has already commented (as a board member :>), but just to
reinforce, you will want to nominate a person for the position.  Unless
there is a good reason, I would expect the board will ratify your
recommendation.

> 3.  I'm not very strong on this issue, but the last issue brought up in
> the proposal--tasking for separating the projects into components--I
> think can be omitted at this time.  Our code in those areas need some
> cleanup, and I'd rather not rush things.  We can perhaps postpone this a
> few months until after the new PMC is formed.

+1 - sort out the TLP piece first, and then get into the details of how
you want to handle the project.

Cheers,
	Berin