xml-general mailing list archives

From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: Moving the federation forward
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 20:12:07 GMT
Sorry for the delay. Busy times. Obviously, not much happens if nobody
pushes these things. I've just removed the part about the common
components from the proposal draft (XML Graphics). So I guess if nobody
has anthing else to say about the proposal we should go forward with
nominations for the PMC.

The rate at which this is going lets me wonder if this is a healthy
thing to do. I'm not talking about the XML Graphics in particular, but
the whole process here. I haven't felt much energy behind this task. I
wonder if it might help if the board gave just a little shove here.

On 24.03.2004 12:31:34 Berin Lautenbach wrote:
> I know the XML Graphics guys have been having discussions, as have
> Xerces.  How are things going?  The first step in each case is probably
> for the particular group to decide on a scope for the new project, vote
> on the initial PMC and PMC chair and craft a resolution for the board to
> vote on.
>
> How about we aim for the next board meeting - 21/4 - to get a few of
> these over and running as TLPs in their own right?

Jeremias Maerki