xml-general mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: FSF says the Version 2.0 license is incompatible with GPL
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 16:53:34 GMT
Although it sorts of invalidates the purpose of the 2.0 reformulation
(or at least one of them), I think it is rather yet another bad shot
for FSF, at leat so I would consider it. They keep asking everyone
doing a license to lean down the knees in front the major gnu...
MPL did only solve this by adding you could take MPL or LGPL...

Too bad for lawyers but it's gonna be yet another era where we shall
live in happy legal contradiction and such picky statements as the
"incompatibility of GPL with Apache license" will continue creeping
in...

paul