xml-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>
Subject Re: managing announcements in the new federation
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2004 22:36:49 GMT
robert burrell donkin wrote:

> what's more important is that there are people out there who are relying
> on the announcements list to find out about new releases of apache xml
> product. i have a feeling that someone produced some stats about this
> when the posting-newsletters-to-announcement flame was burning the
> apache newsletter (nee jakarta newsletter) to death.

:<.

> i recall that the
> figures were larger than i'd expected. maybe it'd be a good idea to
> either make announcements at xml into an aggrogater for announcements
> within the federation (subscribe all announcement lists in the
> federation) or close it down altogether (cleaner and let's people know
> they need to subscribe to the announcement lists of those projects they
> are interested in).

I like the aggregator idea and I think we are going to have a few issues
like this.  It's still not really clear how much is going to remain
shared and how much will be re-created under new TLP names, so I think
we will have to play by ear a bit.

It's going to be an interesting exercise :>.

Cheers,
	Berin