xml-general mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <grm7...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Update to Version 2.0 license
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2004 00:14:54 GMT
Berin,

The license page [1] appears to indicate that the new
Apache license is [L]GPL-compatible:

"The result is a license that is compatible with other
open source licenses, such as the GPL, and yet still
remains true to the original goals of the Apache Group
and supportive of collaborative development across
both nonprofit and commercial organizations."

This doesn't seem right--are you saying that Apache
projects are now welcome to consume all the LGPL and
GPL code they wish?  I'm probably misunderstanding
something here.

Thanks,
Glen Mazza
FOP Team