xml-general mailing list archives

From Gareth Reakes <gar...@decisionsoft.com>
Subject Re: compare XML file and generate a differential XML file
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 10:12:51 GMT
Hi,
	We have had some experience in this. It depends how far you want
to go with actually comparing the infoset rather than the text. In the end
we decided to go with the diffing tool from deltaXML which sounds like it
does what you want.

Gareth

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004, Kumar Pankaj wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to create a differential XML file out of two XML files. I believe i would have
to use some Object Model to generate object tree out of both XMLs
> and then compare them to find the difference and write out the differential XML.
>
> Now my question :-)) (thanks for reading till now), Whats the best way of doing this
?? Any experienced hand on this, pls reply.
> What kind of object model would be good. Is there any standard object model that can
be used ??

> Any other information or ideas. Please mail
>
> Thanks,
> Pankaj

Gareth Reakes, Head of Product Development  +44-1865-203192
DecisionSoft Limited                        http://www.decisionsoft.com
XML Development and Services