xml-general mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Draft discussion of Federation proposal
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2004 19:57:28 GMT
Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> I fully agree with Thomas here. I'm sorry if my thoughts left some room
> for interpretation. I can imagine Batik and FOP under a common PMC, but
> the projects shouldn't merge, nor should the mailing lists.

Well, there are a few code parts which could, in theory, be broken
out of Batik and FOP and shared. In particular I mean some font stuff,
some line breaking support and hyphenation (for Batik flow text) and
perhaps other graphics related stuff (color profile handling?) and
transcoder backends.
A common component architecture would probably also be an advantage,
but I don't want to force anything on anyone.

J.Pietschmann