xml-general mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: xml-apis.jar
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:24:07 GMT
Lakshman,

XML-APIs is a kind of pack which is not very elegant but is sadly
necesary...
It contains
- sax (2.0.1 I think)
- dom (2 xx I think)
- jaxp (1.1 I think)
The reason it's necessary is jaxp: this package has such a weird
license (and Sun never really understood itself on how to license it)
that you'd better not see it and trust Apache that it is under Apache
license...
(there has been several debates on that and I think this is actually
partially).

It would be brave that someone makes it official...
Or request JDK 1.4.

Paul

PS: sorry to be so negative but my experience thus far with JAXP
license was the worst I ever had... I hope to have offended no-one.