xml-general mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Commons confusion
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2003 15:13:40 GMT
Berin Lautenbach wrote:
> How does this play into the idea of creating an XML federation of
> projects?  If the commons part was to be put into the Apache commons
> project, could we still reference it within the XML project (or really
> web site).
>
> I am not intimately accross the commons stuff - what do others who are
> involved think?

Ok so we seem have several federations:
- Stuff dealing with serving the web (in whatever sense): HTTPD,
  James, PHP, AxKit, Tomcat...
- Stuff dealing with XML: Xerces-J, Xerces-C, Xerces-P, Xalan-J,
  Xalan-C, FOP, XML Commons,...
- Stuff dealing with Java: Tomcat, Ant, Xerces-J, Xalan-J, FOP,
  Jakarta Commons, ...
- Commons stuff: smaller libraries and building blocks for other
  projects: Jakarta commons, XML commons, Apache Commons
Perhaps add a C/C++, PHP, Perl and whatever federations someone
feels necessary.

Ok, it's no longer a hierarchy, it's a network!

J.Pietschmann