xml-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: XML PMC and Oversight]
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 10:51:11 GMT
Jason E. Stewart wrote:

>>I worry a little that we're changing things that won't help
>>anything. If there's lack of oversight right now, changing the group
>>structure won't help attain more oversight. These are small projects
>>here in XML land, and people only have a finite amount of time to
>>devote to them. Making projects like AxKit the equivalent of a TLP
>>within a cluster of other TLPs won't change the way AxKit is run.
>

> I agree with Matt here. If some could explain why changing the
> structure of the of things is going to help get better oversight for a
> single committer project like Xerces-P, I would be grateful.

Fair call.  It won't.  There is no single answer to the overall problem.

However doing what you have been talking about in previous e-mail would
work.  If you join in with Xerces, then the Xerces-J and Xerces-C
developers can help you in that review process (and I would imagine the
opposite is also true).  If we head down a federation path, then nothing
changes for the three Xerces projects, other than they become their own
TLP.  I think that's small enough that effective overview can be provided.

>>More tuits after you pluck them from the trees might :-)
>

> If only they were on sale at the corner dosa wala...

<GRIN/>

Cheers,
	Berin