xml-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject [Fwd: Re: XML PMC and Oversight]
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 10:23:22 GMT
Well, a bit of time has gone by.  I thought I'd raise this again and see
where we were.

Would be interested in people's thoughts on the idea below.  If we were
to go down this path, we would need to put a transition plan in place to
make it all work.

Would also be interested in whether people have been following the idea
of PPMCs in the Incubator.  In essence, each sub-project has it's own
PMC (the PPMC) which is made up of the key players in the sub-project.
Also in the PPMC are all the members of the PMC.  The latter are there
purely to provide oversite - i.e. ensure that decisions are being made
appropriately and in the Apache style.

Might be adaptable to the XML project.

Thoughts?  Ideally we want to get something agreed for the December
board meeting.  I'm not convinced we will manage that, but we should
have some kind of progress report.

Cheers,
	Berin