xml-general mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <rdon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XML PMC and Oversight
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 21:54:24 GMT
On 25 Nov 2003, at 18:18, Ted Leung wrote:

<snip>

> Also I don't see any discussion of the policy on Jakarta general.  If
> this is the new board policy, then why isn't Jakarta being asked to do
> the same thing?  By my count there are 22 projects at Jakarta (not
> counting the multitude under commons).  In contrast, there are only 12
> under XML.  Is Jakarta under the same rules?

in jakartaland, we tend to get the thumbscrews applied very strongly
but in private on the pmc list. i (for one) am very grateful for that
mercy. there have been quite a lot of discussion on the
general@commons.apache.org list (if you want to browse through the
archives).

IMHO it wouldn't be sensible for jakarta to just become a federation at
the moment. rather than solving the board's supervision problems, it
would simply multiple them 22-fold. i'm now more optimistic that we're
starting to move things along but it's going to take time.

- robert