xml-general mailing list archives

From Ted Leung <twle...@sauria.com>
Subject Re: XML PMC and Oversight
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:18:13 GMT
On 11/25/2003 12:02 AM, Greg Stein wrote:

> I would certainly think so. Doing a *complete* shift into new TLPs might
> be much more problematic than a gentle migration.
>
> If you take a look at the Jakarta project migrations, we had one or two
> each month for several months. I would expect the same kind of thing from
> the XML projects. Each of the codebases' development communities would
> discuss and vote on moving to a new TLP. If the vote passes, then they
> would craft a resolution to that effect and submit it to the board.
> (examples are in the Board minutes)  Thus, each project is moving at the
> pace appropriate for them, and with the planning that each one needs.
>
> I believe a simple way to get the ball rolling is for the PMC to review
> what TLPs might make sense for the existing set of codebases. Some might
> move to Cocoon, some to DB, some would get new TLPs, and some would stay
> with the XML Project.

We've already asked the projects under XML if they wanted to become
TLPs, and the only ones that were interested was Cocoon and WS*.   Is
that insufficient for the board?  Or is this a decree?

Also I don't see any discussion of the policy on Jakarta general.  If
this is the new board policy, then why isn't Jakarta being asked to do
the same thing?  By my count there are 22 projects at Jakarta (not
counting the multitude under commons).  In contrast, there are only 12
under XML.  Is Jakarta under the same rules?