xml-general mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Crimson and dtd dependence
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 23:29:06 GMT
Debbie Wilson wrote:
> I recently found that if you have a dtd specified in an xml file and
> that dtd file does not exist, you get the following:

<snip/>

> In my particular case, I specified that the parser was to be a
> non-validating parser.  I don't really need the dtd to be present.
>
> Is there a place I can log this as a crimson bug?  Am I likely to get
> a fix for this problem or is there really no further development on
> crimson?  Does anyone else have experience with such an issue?

Almost everyone has experience with this issue and it is not a
parser "bug".

If you declare a DTD in your XML instance, then the parser *must*
resolve it. This needs to happen even if you set the parser to be
non-validating.

Every XML framework needs to employ a "Catalog Entity Resolver", i.e.
http://xml.apache.org/commons/components/resolver/

(Please do not send HTML-formatted email to mailing lists.)

--David