xml-general mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: JARV and DocumentFragment validation
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 18:11:58 GMT
Christian Schuhegger wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Do you have the option of altering the schema? Can you make the fragment
>> root element a global element (for XML Schema, as I guess this can't
>> be done
>> for RNG)? Then you should be able to validate it.
>

> thanks for your reply. At the moment I use a workaround and I tailor my
> schema. For my needs this works now, but nevertheless I would prefer to
> be able to validate parts of a document separately, too.

If you can tweak your scheme, it's pretty easy from an in-memory
representation, to fire sax-events along the following lines: given that
children of X are modified you handle a document that fires all the
parent hierarchy of X and the whole content of X.

For DTD validation, I think it works painlessly. However, for Schema and
RNG, I think some constraints can't be checked.

Paul