xml-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: JARV and DocumentFragment validation
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:48:27 GMT
I think one can use MSV
http://wwws.sun.com/software/xml/developers/multischema/ or
https://msv.dev.java.net/ for partial validation. It doesn't give this
functionality OOTB though, but its internal API at least, IIUC, contain
the components you need for building e.g. a DOM-tree with partial
validation functionality for sub trees. Take a look at the native
validation interface
https://msv.dev.java.net/unbranded-source/browse/*checkout*/msv/msv/doc/acceptor.html?rev=1.1

W3C have defined an API for partial validation: DOM Level 3 Validation
Specification http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Val/ it is designed for
schema based editing, so besides partial validation you can also ask
what kind of element that is allowed to insert at a certain place in the
DOM-tree. Quite cool IMO, but I don't know if there are any
implementations yet.

/Daniel