xml-general mailing list archives

From Brian Minchau <minc...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Getting xalan-j on Apache Mirrors
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 19:29:23 GMT

Berin,
we've modified our http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/downloads.html page to
have a link that point to http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/xml/xalan-j
rather than to your http://xml.apache.org/mirrors.cgi page.  But I still
think we needed to be on your page.

We are up and running with Mirrors.

Brian Minchau
XSLT Development, IBM Toronto

                      Berin Lautenbach

                      <berin@ozemail.co        To:       general@xml.apache.org

                      m.au>                    cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: Getting xalan-j on Apache Mirrors

                      09/25/2003 08:10

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      general

Brian Minchau wrote:

> I like your http://xml.apache.org/mirrors.cgi page.  Could you please add
> xalan-j to it so I can test it out?

Done.  Let me know if there are any problems.

> Is this page going to be an official page that our project can point too
> (sure hope so!).

Absolutely!

> Assuming that we can point to it, when is the official date that we can
> point to it (ready for prime time!).

It's there now, so feel free to use it.  The only things left to do is
add a link to the old dist for the few remaining bits that are not
mirrored, and create a link off the main page.  I'll be doing both those
this weekend.

> Any similar page for old archives?  I've set up something similar for
> /www/archive.apach.org/dist/xml/xalan-j/

Not really.  I've put a link on the mirrors.cgi page to
archive.apache.org/dist/xml so people can browse and find what they
want, but I haven't created a special page.

Cheers,
             Berin