xml-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject Re: Status of XML and Apache Mirrors
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 12:49:28 GMT
> Good stuff.  I fixed the 'miror' typo.

Whoops :>.

> However, I'm confused as to why the page only lists source releases, not
> binaries.  This seems deliberate ("This page gives access to source
> downloads..."), but I can't see why binaries should be excluded.

No reason - other than I started with it being sources with an idea that
I would add binaries and then it completely slipped my mind.  When I
started I was basing it on the Jakarta pages, which use a separate page
for binary and source packages - thus the wording above.  Not sure we
have to do that though.

I will look at putting a new section for binaries and fixing the wording.

> I also have a rant on mirror URL spaces that I'll leave for a separate
> email :)

??

> I think the 6 projects not on the mirrors system need to be listed before
> the page replaces the old one.

Hmm.  What about a generic link pointing to the old distribution
directory for non-mirrored sub-projects?  Bit of a carrot - if people
move things over, I'll make sure the new files get explicit listing on
the new page :>.

Cheers,
	Berin