xml-general mailing list archives

From "Matthew Oatham" <matthewoat...@hotmail.com>
Subject DocumentBuilder.parse(file);
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 10:24:10 GMT
Hi,

I have a problem - when I try to parse an XML file using
DocumentBuilder.parse(file) whilst NOT connected to the internet I get the
following exception

java.net.UnknownHostException: java.sun.com
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.fatal(Parser2.java:3182)
        at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.externalParameterEntity(Parser2.java:2870)
        at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeDoctypeDecl(Parser2.java:1167)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parseInternal(Parser2.java:489)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parse(Parser2.java:305)
        at
org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.parse(XMLReaderImpl.java:442)
        at
org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:185)
        at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:197)
        at
com.assethouse.tools.doclets.ejb.EJBDeploymentDescriptorDoclet.replaceNode(Unknown
Source)

I guess the DocumentBuilder is trying to look up the DTD - I can solve this
by referencing the DTD from the file system but this means users have to
download the DTD - not very elligant. Is there a way to stop the
DocumentBuilder form trying to look up the DTD or do the validation part. So
I can avoid this exception id the user doesn't have an internet connection

Cheers.

Matt