xml-general mailing list archives

From Christian Geisert <christian.geis...@isu-gmbh.de>
Subject Re: building the XML site
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 15:34:58 GMT
Jeff Turner schrieb:
> On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 04:15:37PM -0700, Ted Leung wrote:
>
>>Can someone from Forrest give me quick tutorial on how to rebuild the
>>xml.apache.org site?
>

> Two possible ways:
>
> Manually
> --------
>
> cvs checkout xml-forrest

Why not the latest release?
IMHO we should agree on which Forrest version to use (I suggest latest
release)

> cd xml-forrest
> ./build.sh
> export PATH=`pwd`/build/dist/shbat/bin
> cd ..
> cvs checkout xml-site
> cd xml-site
> forrest

I like 'forrest run' better because it gives almost realtime rendering.
Just edit the docs in build/webapp/content/xdocs/ and press reload on
the browser. After your changes 'forrest backcopy' will copy the changes
back to src/ and then you can commit them. Forrestbot will take care of
the rest.

Christian