xml-general mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <grm7...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: We want to donate a XML / Cocoon / EJB / WebStart - based CMS
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 17:10:53 GMT
--- Sascha-Matthias Kulawik <s.kulawik@juwimm.com>
wrote:
> we've developed a XML-based Content Management
> System based on different
> technologies like Cocoon, XML, EJB and a WebStart
> Client Application.

> It
> is in our interest, that we contribute this project
> with about 200.000
> Lines of Code to the Apache Foundation.

Good, but focus must remain on whether such a move
would be in *Apache's* interest.

> I've already written to the Incubator project and
> I'm searching for a
> sponsoring Apache member  or a major project to get
> the project on the
> road.
> It uses a lot of Cocoon, so it might be a subproject
> of Cocoon, but it
> might be run with another "Rendering-Engine" as
> well.

Cocoon already has a CMS subproject named Lenya
(http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/index2.html).  Perhaps
proposing your work to the Cocoon team directly at the
cocoon-dev ML may be a better route; merging your work
with theirs may be of benefit.

Glen