xml-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Closure of XMLBeans vote]
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 07:20:11 GMT
Glen/Craig,

FWIW I got a lot out of this - so many thanks to both :>.

Glen - a comment and a question...

>>Sorry, I didn't know that committers--instead of
>
> only
>
>>the PMC--are able to vote on accepting XMLBeans.  (I
>>have not subscribed to xml-apache-general until
>>today!)  Let's extend voting a week or two longer,

Even in cases where it's a PMC vote only, I'd strongly encourage
everyone to put forward their views and have a say.  The PMC holds
administrative responsibility for the project - we are not here to
dictate the way forward!

Do you still suggest extending the voting?  I'm happy to set a date of
maybe middle of next week if that would be preferred.  However we do
need to set a cutoff date.

My preference would be to leave the cuttoff as the end of this week, as
I get the impression that most of the discussion has been had.

Cheers,
	Berin