xml-general mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Vote for XMLBeans proposal
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 09:25:10 GMT
On 6/07/2003 16:56 Aleksander Slominski wrote:

> It seems that BEA folks are willing to solve all remaining problems and
> I think that it would be good if this project quickly gained more
> mementum and I am willing to help with it (even though I am not Apache
> XML commiter)

This proposal is still lacking a better mix of BEA- and non-BEA
committers, so it seems like your offer to help comes at a good time. ;-)

FWIW: I would suggest XMLBeans to be incubated inside the XML project,
although Jakarta would be equally fine as well.

If Cliff is able to communicate BEA's preference, and the LGPL Piccolo
issue is resolved, it seems like we're heading somewhere. Attracting new
committers is easier when the project is already under incubation.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org