xml-general mailing list archives

From "Peter B. West" <pbw...@powerup.com.au>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Updates to charter]
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 11:06:56 GMT
Berin et al,

Berin Lautenbach wrote:
> All,
>
> Am hoping (but not expecting :>) that no comments means no issues?
>
> Can we re-try the vote - maybe next week to give everyone time to comment?

I'll just comment to clarify my attitude to some of the points.

Agree entirely.

My attitude is that the charter should outline the areas of
responsibility of the PMC, including oversight of the subprojects, and
the provision of guidelines for everyone involved at the XML and
sub-project level.  Hence the suggestion of documents detailing the
procedures for contributors, committers and PMC members, mentioned, but
not contained, in the charter as documents for which the PMC is
responsible.  An important example would be the startup and reporting
requirements for subprojects, and the support sub-projects can expect
from the project level.

If there is general agreement on the principle here, then we need to
work out just what external documents are required, and what the
procedures for their modification should be.

Peter
--
Peter B. West  http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/resume.html