xml-general mailing list archives

From Matt Sergeant <m...@sergeant.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] xml.apache.charter
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2003 17:09:42 GMT
On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Ilene Seelemann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have to apologize for coming up with comments after the voting has
> started.

Me too.

> I find Section 10.1 a little unclear.  Surely, we don't expect a vote
> (either before or after) on every bug fix that goes in?  I would expect
> discussion and votes on  redesign and features, but I've always thought
> that committers could work independently to address "smaller" bugs reported
> in bugzilla.

I think this is covered by the "approved in advance" text.

My query relates to section 4.9 - I think rather than "ceases to make
codebase contributions for an extended period" it might be better to refer
to the conditions laid out in section 6 for remaining a committer, which
includes the detail of also contributing to the mailing lists.

Anyway, if that can't be tweaked, +1 regardless.

--
<!-- Matt -->
<:->get a SMart net</:->