xml-general mailing list archives

From Ted Leung <twle...@sauria.com>
Subject [RESULT] xml.apache.charter
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2003 20:11:50 GMT
Okay,

I've collated all the votes for the new charter, and here's the result.
There were 14 votes in favor (15, but one was past the 17th), no veto
votes, and 8 people who did not vote.   There were also a number of
requests for changes in wording.  Since the old charter requires
unanimous approval, I'd say that the vote has failed.

A number of the changes in the current draft are really needed, so I'm
not sure how we want to proceed.  I guess we can try to accomodate the
wording changes and try again.  If one of the folks who didn't vote has
a major issue with the charter, it would help to hear what that is.  If
people want to do something different, please speak up.

People who have requested wording changes are:

Shane Curcuru
Kip Hampton
Matt Sergeant
Ilene Seelemann