xml-general mailing list archives

From "Pedro Sousa" <pedro.m.so...@link.pt>
Subject Byte Order Mark (BOM) Crimson Problem
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 15:17:40 GMT
Hi,

    I'm using Axis for consuming .Net Web Services. I'm having trouble while invoking a method
from the Service. When i invoke this method the .NET gets the request, processes it, and sends
a response. This SOAP response is well formed and is coming in a UTF-8 encoding.

The exception i'm getting is "Root Element is Missing".

I've debug the process and the problem is that the string containing the Soap Response that
is being parsed by class Parser2 (crimson parser i believe) is getting the first char of the
string (in.peekc('<')) to look for the <?xml header of the xml response. The problem
is that the first char in the string is like ''. I assume this first char is the BOM character,
that is suppose to send in and UTF-8 encoding.

Can someone help me with this ?

Pedro Sousa