xml-general mailing list archives

From "Matthew Oatham" <matthewoat...@hotmail.com>
Subject XML DOM to file using Transformer
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 13:05:28 GMT
Hi,

I have managed to load an xml file to a DOM and manipulate the tree, however
when I write the DOM to file using

  Transformer transformer = tFactory.newTransformer();

  File testFile = new File("C:\\testFile.xml");

  DOMSource source = new DOMSource(document);
  StreamResult result = new StreamResult(testFile);
  transformer.transform(source, result);

The resulting file has no line breaks and the elements are all on on line!
Is there any way I can preserve the formatting of the original xml file I
used to create the DOM?

Thanks

Matt