xml-general mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: more than serendipity
Date Mon, 19 May 2003 18:48:52 GMT
Go for it.  I also think that if other projects took me up on that "news
log" thing, it would also help.  (basically I/with help would reorganize
http://nagoya.apache.org/poi/news to be http://nagoya.apache.org/news/poi
/news/axis /news/ant news/commons/digester, etc and you guys could post when
important news happens and other folks could use RSS to aggregate the posts)

For instance, I have trouble keeping up with Axis.  I've long thought, what
if the changes and other important Axis news were kept in a nice neat RSS
feed and I could just use my handy dandy aggregator.  That would make it
easier!  To be fair I only posted my offer here, so maybe the xml folks
missed it ;-).  Maybe there aren't Axis guys who are that keen on RSS and
the other surrounding technologies.

-Andy "the guy with the big grin"

On 5/19/03 5:42 AM, "Krishnan Mani" <krishnanm@bsil.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> For a new user, visiting the Jakarta site and getting the low-down on the
> numerous projects (especially the proliferation in Commons and sandbox) is a
> daunting task.
>
> In the interest of reuse, i think many people need to know the various
> scenarios for which they can turn to (sub-)projects at Jakarta. In my own
> case, i spent many hours 're-inventing wheels' till i became aware that the
> stuff i needed was right there on Jakarta.
>
> I would like to volunteer to help with a few-part 'Jakarta Random Walk' that
> users can browse to quickly understand what could be of use to them and what
> sub-project synergies exist.
>
> I guess we will need to keep this updated as Jakarta grows and changes. I am
> sure there are many potential users and contributors out there (like myself)
> who didn't know that something existed, AND do not have the time to
> endlessly follow links on a sidebar to discovery.
>
> If this is already being done, my sincere apologies, please point me in the
> right direction
>
> regards
> krishnan mani,
> CISSP